At Grace Lutheran School preschool is a key step of the life-long learning experience to grow as a child of God. Students who are three-years-old by September 1st are eligible for this program.
Three-year-olds meet on Monday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Four-year-olds meet on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
We build on the child's oral language/vocabulary, phonological awareness, comprehension, letter recognition, and number sense at their individual levels. In addition, teacher-created curriculum ideas enhance gross motor, fine motor, listening, and exploration/discovery experiences.
First and foremost we want our children to know their Lord. Through Bible stories and songs children will learn God's plan of salvation and know that Jesus is their personal Savior.
In addition the following are the goals for students in this early childhood classroom:
1. Social / Emotional
* Has control over feelings
* Strives for independence
* Shares possessions and toys
* Plays cooperatively
2. Language Development
* Asks many when, why, and how questions
* Tells simple jokes
* Can say first and last name
3. Intellectual Development
* Math Readiness: shapes, sizes, directionality
* Reading Readiness: opposites, positional words,
letter identification, and coorelating sounds
* Knows personal facts: birthday, home address, and
4. Physical Development
* Gross Motor: catches a ball, hops, throws overhand,
walks backward and forward, builds detailed
structures with blocks
* Fine Motor: completes puzzles, cuts properly, hold
crayons and pencils properly, creates with play-doh,
strings small beads
5. Miscellaneous Developpment
* Laces shoes
* Dress and undresses self
* Distinguishes front and back of clothing
* Zips, buttons, and snaps independently